"...sit on a cushion, and sew a fine seam...

...and feed upon strawberries, sugar and cream."
- Anonymous


A recent little project.

These pink velvet cushions came from the op shop in a fill-a-garbage-bag-for-$5 sale. The fabric is a tough upholstery or curtain material, and they are perfectly made, but other clues led me to conclude that these were most likely someone's homemade cushion covers. There are no tags, and a uniform machine stitch has been used throughout the project, with the seams left unfinished. They go wonderfully with my pink velvet lounge suite, but they just seemed to be crying out for their own doilies. These ones are random op-shop finds that I have dyed in maroon dye. I just pinned and stitched them straight on.


And by the way, to all those people who told me that using a digital camera was just a matter of 'point and click' - I say pfft to you. I tried these cushions in all sorts of different lighting conditions and the pictures NEVER turn out the way I see the thing. I couldn't get any pictures of the pink velvet lounge to turn out. I find all this extremely frustrating.

Now wouldn't it be much easier if you all just popped over to visit and came to see my cushions etc. for yourselves? It would certainly be easier for me.


Comments